May 2, 2015

Eric Jackson - It's Time

Another day, another post.  I've always been a fan of the album as a composition, and Rainy Days by Erik Jackson is just that.
American producer and sound maestro Erik Jackson; shares his incredible album "Rainy Days" with the Dusted Wax Kingdom's audience. The release is a unique fusion of light melancholic drum & bass, romantic acid jazz and relaxing downtempo.
This release is also more evidence that the Bulgarian netlabel Dusted Wax Kingdom is a Creative Commons label with few rivals in terms of breadth and quality.

"It's Time" is the second track, which I start with, only because the first track is a 28 second intro.  It begins with a lone trumpet and some digital snapping... when the bass and drums come in, everything is fleshed out and you'll be sucked in. If you're reading this, you might as well listen to the whole album!

From Erik:
"Rainy Days" was a project I have been working on for over a year. After my last album "The Road Less Traveled", I wanted to push further into jazz, and dig even deeper into my soul. The album weaves in and out of acoustic drum & bass or (jazz & bass), to Traditional jazz songs. I am very happy with the outcome. The albums theme is; a cold and rainy night, an old turntable and the progression of the evening at home, alone or with someone special. That's what was in my mind when It was created. I will let your imagination create the rest. I guarantee this is something you have never heard before.
Find Erik here, lots more to listen to, and hey, buy some albums.

Eric Jackson - It's Time

No comments: